Here is a bunch of interesting links I’ve found during the last month, that I thought were worthy to share and comment.
I enjoyed reading this article (Lou’s Pseudo 3d Page v0.91) about how manage the old games to create a visualization of a road for racing games, using raster techniques and in some cases specific hardware for arcade machines. It is well documented and easy to understand.
- JSRepl: a webapp to code in different languages from the browser and see the results.
- Garbage Collector in JS: tips to avoid your js app to freeze everytime the GC do his thing.
- Optimizing JS, a good bunch of tips to optimize code in Chrome V8
HTML5 upcoming standards
Google and Mozilla are pushing the HTML5 standard with new APIs to access hardware functionalities, but also to allow to create new webapps. Some are really interesting like P2p connections from the browser.
I love collaborative apps, the results are always unpredictible, here are two nice examples.
- yourworldoftext: an infinite canvas made of text where people can write whatever they want.
- webcanvas: an infinite canvas where everybody can draw. Some time ago I used this to create the title of a community site I had, so people could change the title whenever they wanted. The results where really funny and monstruous.